Floral Workshop KL | Dear J Hobby Class

Receiving bouquets on special occasions is romantic but sometimes can be expensive. Therefore, learning bouquet arrangement has always been on my bucket list. During my second trimester, prenatal education came in the form of self-enrichment, I’m glad that baby K was able to join this hobby class with me.
It was a Korean style hand tied bouquet workshop. Something similar to the famous Korean florist - Lee Ju Yeon (IG: VanessFlower). To start with, Jane talked us through the basics of putting together a simple bouquet and included some simple but brilliant tips which helped to instantly transform our bouquets into a more professional effort. These are some of the different flowers and fillers we worked with during the class which include cappuccino roses, ranunculus, spray roses, astrantia, bear grass, bunny tails, eucalyptus and skimmia red Rubella.
The workshop was small, with only 9 people, therefore we got a lot of personal attention and all the questions were answered there and then.
How to make a hand tied bouquet?
The first step is to clean all the stems of excess greenery, shoots, or thorns. Then, begin by holding a single flower. I picked a cappuccino rose with a good, solid, straight stem to start. Hold it in front of you and add another flower to the left or right by crossing the stems as you do. Keep repeating this process until you reach the size and texture you desire. Note that your bouquet’s stems should be in spiral shape. We tied our bouquet using a plastic knot instead of using a rafia or cellophane wrap. Finally, trim the stems to your desired length.

Sounds EASY right? Unfortunately, I was not used to the “crossing technique”, so I did it over and over again. At that moment, I’d prefer K to keep sending me bouquets instead! Jane told me that it’s NORMAL for beginners like us to try for at least a few times. AND yesss, after FEW TIMES, my first attempt at flower arrangement has come to life!
Floral arrangement takes practice, so don't be discouraged if it doesn't turn out as nice. Just keep trying!

The brilliant atmosphere was super relaxed, friendly and welcoming. The workshop lasted three hours and half which was perfectly timed to give everyone plenty of guidance and advice on creating their bouquets. Thanks Jane for being patient. I really enjoyed the workshop!
Pretty flowers deserve a mandatory photo session.  It's pleasant to receive flowers, but creating them yourself is a whole different level of satisfaction all together. After the floral workshop, I learned the art and bring the beautiful flowers home too! A big thank you to Jane for holding such a magical workshop in KL. You blew me away with your talent and creativity!

Comments

Popular Posts